Man, I sure had high expectations for myself in this new year. I feel as if most people start falling off that band wagon about part way through January and I know I had my problems, but let's check in and see how I'm faring.
1) Run 200 Miles. I've had some really great weeks and some really bad ones too so far. I feel confident that if I just get out and run that I will not only meet, but exceed this goal.
2) Lose Weight. This goal has been incredibly slow going. Everytime I start to get back on track with my calorie counting, something happens and my entire day is thrown off. I just need to buckle down and stop proclaiming "TREAT DAY!" and then just going wild.
3) Move off my Mom's Couch. Working on it.
4) Bike and Hike More Often. This one is difficult because not only do I have to motivate myself, but also motivate Mike. I'm hoping that as our schedules change and we get used to it, we start being more active in the mornings.
5) Cut down on drinking. I feel good about this one. I've gotten a little wild a few times this year, but not as bad as usual. Trying to grow up is hard, guys.
6) Read More. Once again, totally working on it. I've been trying to bring my Kindle with me wherever I go so that when I get the opportunity, I can read a few chapters. I finished a book the other night too.
7) Write More. I haven't been writing the way I'd like to, but that's okay because I figure blogging counts as some sort of creative outlet.
8) Blog more and take it seriously. I think I'm succeeding at this goal. I've really started working harder on my blog and trying to think outside the box when it comes to creating content and gaining followers.
9) Stick to my budget. I'm not doing bad here either. Surprisingly.
10) Keep couponing. Also, another goal that I think I'm doing well at. I've been saving a lot of money and stocking up on things when they're on sale.