As I'm compiling this post, I'm making my family's shopping list for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner. I'm not the biggest Christmas fan. We have such a small family that it seems like any other day for me. And this year, I'm working as well. I wanted to get in the spirit this year and I wanted to dazzle everyone with gifts and baked goods, but the stress of everything else going on in my life has rendered that impossible.
I'm usually constantly listening to Christmas carols and this year, I never even turned on the Christmas station in my car (I keep on my podcasts to keep me awake while I drive). I've wrapped exactly three presents. And, the biggest gift I gave this year was fixing my mom's car.
I am excited to spend my first Christmas with Mike as a couple and that should be exciting and new and I worry that my Debbie Downer-ness will affect him. So, here are some Christmas-y things that make me happy and will hopefully put you in more of a Christmas spirit too! -- Not like the blogging community needs anymore Christmas spirit though. You guys have been amped for this holiday since November 1st.
-I love Picard and my favorite part is "SHUT UP WESLEY"
- Why isn't this my Christmas --- errr... Snapemus tree?
- This is my favorite Christmas video. Ever.
- Want more Patrick Stewart being amazing? Here he is with two buddies.
- Another nerdy Christmas song.
- A Christmas list for the nerd in your life if you recently won the lottery. #12 frightens me. And please don't ever show my brother #5.
- Maybe I can make these in time for next year. And yeah, it's Star Trek related.
Labels: things from this week