Things have been crazy lately and not in the good way. Remember how I said July was a terrible month? Well, August wasn't spectacular and September hasn't started in the best ways. I'm trying to make the best of it and make sure I spend time focusing on myself -- how can I take care of all my loved ones if I'm not taking care of myself? But that means that this little blog of mine has been neglected. I know, excuses.
I want to make some time for my blog and hopefully get some more posts ready, but that'll have to happen this weekend (Hopefully, I can find some time because my handsome and amazing nephew is going to be visiting all weekend!).
In the meantime, here are some things you didn't know about me...
1) I hate strawberries. Apparently, this is appalling to some people, but guys -- more strawberries for the rest of you. I'm not a huge fan of strawberry-flavored things either, but I will drink a few Strawberry Lime-A-Ritas.
2) I am suuuuuuper near-sighted. Without my glasses/contacts, I can barely see right in front of me. It's terrible. I've actually been wearing glasses since I was 7 years old.
3) I won't watch scary movies and I certainly do not go through haunted houses. Halloween is my least favorite holiday because I'm constantly scared that I'm going to see something frightening. After watching The Ring in 5th grade, I slept on the floor of my mom's room for 2 weeks afterwards. I slept with my lights on after watching Saw 2. I don't do well with scary stuff. Yeah, it's fake and I know that, but do I really know that?
4) My family confuses people. I grew up with a really small family -- primarily my mom, grandpa, and brother. Over the years, my mom has accumulated a lot of friends that have become family. My Aunt? Totally not my mom's sister. My other siblings? Totally not actual siblings. It confuses a lot of people, but saying, "My aunt" or "my cousin" or "my brother" is a lot easier than explaining the actual relationship.
5) I have only had one job. I started at my job at 16 years old and I am still there. Crazy, I know.
6) My first concert was N'SYNC. I was in the 5th grade and it was the best experience ever. We sat in a box. Pink and Sisqo (of the Thong Song fame) were the opening acts. But seriously, just being in the same arena as Justin Timberlake is still a highlight for me.
7) I am terrible with movie quotes. How the hell do all men remember every line of every movie they've ever seen? And I can barely remember the jokes from Futurama that I've seen 100 times. Don't try to talk to me in movie quotes because I just won't get it.
8) I am surprisingly punctual. I have to really try to be fashionably late for things. The worst is that all of my friends are always late for everything so I spend a lot of time just playing Sudoku on my phone waiting for them.
9) I drink my coffee black. This one freaks people out. The other day, someone asked me what was in my coffee and I blankly stared at her and responded, "....Coffee?" Everyday, I brew my own coffee and then when I get to work, I throw in an ice cube and drink it. That's about it.
10) My boyfriend and I met ... in college. Or that's the easier way of explaining it. I guess maybe we met because I would go get drunk at his house with his roommate and watch tv there and he would show up after work and join. And then we went to New York together. And then, two years later we finally got together.
Alright. 10 things that you probably didn't want to know about me.
Labels: lists, personal