Last month, I told you all about my newest pursuit - a quest to become more active
. I'm super excited to share my progress with all of you.
1) Finish Couch to 5K - IN PROGRESS. It's an 8 week program, so as of today I am at Week 5, Day 1. I began at the beginning of April, so it feels great to see how far I've come despite a few set backs - like getting sick at the end of April and being exhausted from work in May.
2) Gym Membership - CHECK. I found an awesome gym called YouFit. I wasn't going a lot in April because the weather was perfect and I wanted to run outside, but as it starts to heat up to triple digits, the gym is going to become my new best friend.
3) Do More Activities with my Boyfriend - FAIL. Whoops! I keep trying and on my days off, we just end up sleeping. I want to try this again, so we'll see.
4) Keep a Log - IN PROGRESS
. This is an on-going goal and I love looking back to see what I've done throughout the weeks. In addition to using RunKeeper
to track my runs, I write down what I've done on EverNote - to keep track of my off-days too. I also have been scheduling my workouts on my Google Calendar as more of a motivation.
As for some new goals ...
5) Get My Mile Time Down. I'm a little embarrassed at where I'm at right now, so I don't want to say, but I'd like to shave at least one minute off my mile time.
6) Run 3x/Week and Full Body Work-Out 2x/Week. Running is clearly my favorite form of exercise and I'd like to keep running most days of the week. I don't know how long I'll do this for because I really hate running on a treadmill, but even after I finish Couch to 5K, I'd like to keep running just as much, if not more.
What are you working on right now? Let me know in the comments!
Labels: quest to...