It's been about three months since I originally decided to get serious about becoming more active
. And, despite the fact that I haven't really blogged about it, I've really buckled down on everything. I'm super excited to talk about my goals (which I updated on back in May too!
1) Finish Couch to 5K -- IN PROGRESS. Still. I know. I've had some setbacks. I've gone on vacation, but I honestly feel that with my new running shoes, I'll really be able to finish this goal. Someday.
2) Do More Activities with my Boyfriend -- IN PROGRESS. We're trying. One morning, we got up early and walked around Tempe Town Lake. That was a thing. And we just recently got some bikes that we're trying to fix up so we can ride on the weekends. We also have plans to go hiking soon. This one is finally starting to see the light of day.
3) Keep a Log -- WELLL.... I try. I really do.
4) Get my Mile Time Down -- CHECK! With my new running shoes, my mile time dropped immensely. I'd like to see it go down some more though -- I'm hoping for a 9 minute mile soon.
5) Run 3x/Week and Full Body Work-Out 2x/Week -- IN PROGRESS. Some days have been really hard to get to the gym, but I'm finally really getting back in the swing of things.
And now, for some NEW GOALS:
1) Sign up for a 5K
. I felt so accomplished after running my first 5K back in December
. I would love to do it again and do it well this time. Now that I know I can handle it -- I want to push myself to a better time. I definitely want to wait until the weather cools down, but I need to start looking for races in my area.
2) Incorporate More Exercises Into My Workout. I already feel stagnated with some of my exercises at the gym and I want to learn other exercises to incorporate into my workouts. This just require the research.
3) Go Rock-Climbing Again. I loved rock climbing when I went and I think it's such an awesome way to be active and have fun at the same time.
I'm super excited that I am making progress and I have actually lost 8 pounds! from working out and counting calories.
Labels: quest to..., running