If you haven't heard, and if you spend any time on the internet, you've probably seen the news because it's old, Netflix got the rights to Cartoon Network and Adult Swim shows. And, they all dropped on Netflix this past weekend.
Want to know what I've been doing since it happened?
Sitting in awe of how amazing Cartoon Network shows are.
- Cow and Chicken. Honestly, this show is so disturbing and weird, but I can't look away. Or singing the song to unsuspecting victims. And, I love some "I R Baboon." And, what is that red dude? The devil?
- Adventure Time. It's only the first season and I'm pretty sure I've seen all those episodes, but who doesn't love Adventure Time? Monsters. Monsters don't love Adventure Time.
- Metalocalypse. When I was in high school, I hung out with these guys and they would force us girls to watch this show. And, us girls said we hated it. "Ugh, gross. Turn it off." And then, I would go home and watch it and I actually thought it was really funny. To be fair, the other girls actually hated it and for good reason, it's incredibly dark. A lot of blood. A lot of metal.
- Courage the Cowardly Dog. This show scared me. Honest to goodness - scared the shit out of me when I was younger. My little brother loved it and I would freak out if it was on while it was dark outside.
- Dexter's Laboratory. OMELETTE DU FROMAGE. That is all.
And, for my boys:
- The Venture Brothers. What the hell is this? My friends have been watching it lately and I can't say I'm a fan of cartoon penis. I had my brother watch an episode and he was equally disturbed. And, as the rest of the list shows, I actually really love weird shows.
So, what have you been watching lately? I talk a lot about Netflix, but it is honestly the best $8 I spend a month, but I do have Hulu+ and Amazon Prime and good old fashioned cable (the benefits of living at home!).
Want more recommendations for Netflix? Check out my other posts about my television obsession - here, here, and here.