I wrote out this long, extravagant to-do list.
And hardly anything is done. Procrastination at it's best? Worst? Who knows.
Here are some tips for you to beat procrastination (and tips I should probably follow):
1) Create a to-do list. With small, tasks. I even usually put on there "Create a To-Do List" so I can cross it off when the list is over. That way, it doesn't seem as daunting.
2) Reward Yourself. I try to tell myself that if I finish at least 5 of the items on my list, I will treat myself. Like, with that last pumpkin muffin I have in the fridge.
*Do NOT reward yourself with things that will keep you from finishing your list. I know if I reward myself with an episode of tv - that one episode will turn into about 4 hours of television and nothing will get done.
3) Schedule things. One of the things on my list is to get my oil changed and I should have scheduled a time to do it. That way - you can't avoid getting it done.
4) Do what works best for you. Do you like to have everything on your phone? Then put that list in your phone. You can even have Siri (if you have an iPhone) remind you to do things when you reach certain locations. Or, if you're like me, you like to have everything handwritten out. I love the feeling of crossing something off the list. It doesn't matter what way you do it, but the actual list is really important as is the ability to add and to check things off.
5) Include fun things. Add a few fun things in your list -- this helps make the list more bearable and gives you more reasons to cross things off.
How do you beat procrastination? Any tips for me? Let me know in the comments.
I'm about to go start running all my errands. Here's hoping I manage to get everything done today.