1) In Episode 6, "Doomsday," Dwight sets up this accountability system that basically is on the verge of getting them all in trouble with the new CEO - Robert California. Jim goes out to stop Robert from seeing the email (THIS IS A DUMB EPISODE).
Well, Robert should have gotten the email.
And closed the branch because they suck.
2) Episode 7 "The Replacement" - This episode is about Pam's replacement - Kathy. Pam is worried that Jim thinks Kathy is pretty (AND SHE IS). This plants the seed that Jim could cheat on Pam.
I would leave this episode alone, but include more of Jim looking at the camera and shrugging. "Is Kathy attractive?" SHRUG. AND END.
THE SEEDS OF MISTRUST SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLANTED.
3) In Episode 12, "The Pool Party," the entire cast goes to Robert California's house before he sells it for one last hurrah. Jim wants to leave to go home to his babies and Pam, but gets stuck drinking wine with Robert. When he leaves, he hits something.
HOW IT SHOULD HAVE GONE - Jim gets a DUI and goes to jail.
4) In Episode 16, "After Hours," Jim is on special assignment in Florida, without Pam but with the hottie replacement Kathy from Episode 7. In this episode, she will not leave him alone. She goes in his room and is very flirtatious - even taking a shower in his hotel room.
THEY SHOULD HAVE HOOKED UP.
The show should have taken those seeds of mistrust that I wanted in episode 7 and had everything come to a head in episode 16. COME ON, WRITERS.
5) HAD JIM HOOKED UP WITH KATHY... they could have kept some of their episodes about Andy going after Erin (DON'T CAREEEEEEE), but the big thing would have been about Pam not knowing what Jim did and Jim shrugging a lot - JIM NEEDS TO SHRUG MORE. And it all could have come to a head in the season (SERIES) finale when Jim leaves Pam and Angela admits that it was Andy's baby ... or something. I don't even care. Or Michael Scott could wake up and IT WAS ALL A DREAM.
Labels: lists, television