I love pizza. And beer. And chocolate. And shitty Filibertos at 3 am on Saturday nights. And night cheese.
I could go on. I love food and I love eating and food is good. But, then I eat all this terrible junk (Yeah, Filibertos is just trash) and I wonder why I'm out of shape and why I have that beer belly. So, I want to get my act together when it comes to food. I don't want to radically change my diet and give up all the good things because a life without pizza is not a life at all.
But honestly, I could use some healthier eating in my life.
1) No More Soda. Period. I am not a huge soda drinker anyway, but when I'm hung over or just in the need of a quick caffeine fix, I have soda. No more though. I usually stick to my unsweetened iced tea, black coffee, and lots of water - which should be the things I'd drinking anyway.
2) Cut Back on Sugary Alcoholic Drinks. I wish I could say I'd stop drinking period, but that's not gonna happen. I'd like to skip out on all the super sugary drinks, stop drinking so many ciders and beers , and ideally - I want to drink once a week.
3) One Cheat Day a Week. This will help a lot if I know that I have one day to spurge a little. And, this might be my one day to drink too, but we'll see how that plays out.
4) Start Eating Breakfast. I'm the worst at eating breakfast, but this is what starts your metabolism for the rest of your day. Even if I just ate a simple breakfast bar when I first got to work, that would be okay with me and then I won't want to eat everything by the time I finally do eat.
5) Start Cooking More. I eat out. A lot. If I'm not home for when my mom cooks, then I usually end up out and I eat so much because the portions are usually so big. I need to start cooking for myself more.
6) No Eating After 7 PM. Who knows if that actually works, but I do know that when I eat at night - I'm just snacking and that's not good.
7) More Vegetables and Fruits. Once, I was dieting and I was eating fruit and someone yelled at me and told me that my fruit had more sugar in it than a donut. Oh, shut up. Fruits and vegetables are good for you - that's why kids don't like them. I'd like to eat more of them because well, they're better to snack on than my usual snack of wheat thins and cream cheese.
Labels: quest to...